Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Made That!

The plaster cast and the baby bum J

This is my baby Sarah. She’s four months old and generally good tempered and calm. Prior to creating Sarah's cast I fed her and gave her a quick snuggle so that she was happy as a lark. For squirmy babies I recommend casting during naptime, though it is possible to get a good cast while they’re awake it just takes a little patience and a few distractions.

Here are some pictures of our casting experience. More photos to come...

The first layer of plaster gauze:



Smoothing out the plaster:

Afterwards she modeled her fancy new Berry Plush diaper from Storks & Berries in AB and Nummy Clip by Mushy Peas here in St. John's:
Get Plastered! Baby Bummy cast:
Many people like to keep this type of cast, as is, in a shadow box or on a miniature easel. I chose to use this as a mold for a positive, solid version of Sarah's sweet little tush. As soon as the plaster sets I'll work a little magic (finishing) and then show off the finish product.

No comments:

Post a Comment