Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting Started

A little about me....
I received my BFA (focus in sculpture) from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design in 2003. During my time at NSCAD I worked with many different materials but I always returned to plaster as my medium of choice. When I became pregnant with my first daughter I sought out the materials needed to cast my growing belly, but I was unable to find anything locally that was suitable. Since then I have managed to dig my way into the wonderful world of medical supplies and for my second pregnancy I created a (massive) gorgeous tummy cast. I am extremely glad that I didn't miss the opportunity to capture that moment the second time around. I even had pictures of our newborn baby girl taken in the cast!

I've arranged to have photos taken of my work this week and I'll get them posted as soon as they're available. I'm excited to show everyone the beautiful pregnant bellies casts that I've created and the sweet little baby bums. I have quite a few samples ready to display, all of which will give you a great overview of the products we can create together.

If you're expecting, or have a pregnant friend, get in touch! I'd love to hear from you!




1 comment:

  1. Ally, I love this fabulous new venture of yours! What a beautiful way to celebrate pregnant tummies and little bummies!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete